Positional Release Therapist Certification
Certification Pre-requisites / Requirements
- Licensed or nationally certified health care practitioner, e.g., LMT, ATC, PT, DO, MD, PA, RN, DC, PTA (if you are not on this list, please inquire with PRT-i to see if your credentialing fulfills this pre-requisite.
- Completion of three PRT-i courses: Spine and Pelvis (Required), Upper Quarter, Lower Quarter or Cranial
- Pre-professional health care students: Currently enrolled health care students from an accredited educational program are eligible for PRT certification, but must receive their professional certification prior to being awarded their PRT-c. Students can take their certification exam after completion of the required three courses noted above. A student who passes the exam, must provide proof of professional certification once obtained.
- 70% proficiency on written and oral practical certification examination is required
- Instruction and Certification in PRT is available to the above noted parties regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or religious affiliation
- Proof of professional certification/license
Needed for Certification
- Three (3) PRT courses taken, one of which must be spine and pelvis (see list above)
- Successful completion of the written and practical exam with a 70% proficiency
- Proof of professional certification / license (e.g., LMT, AT, PT, DO, etc.)
Steps to Register
- Look for current certification dates
- Inquire with PRT-i about potential or upcoming dates in your area
- Register via the link below or via the one provided
- Once registered, a study outline will be provided
- Written examination (50 multiple choice)
- Practical examination (45 pooled positions)
- Candidates are notified within two weeks regarding their examination score
- Professionals must provide PRT-i proof of current professional certification (* Note - students upon professional certification)
- Exam Cost: $175.00
- If a candidate does not pass either the written or practical section of the examination, the candidate will have one year to re-test on either or both sections. The cost is $75.00 for each section individually, or $175.00 for both. If the indivdiual section is not retaken within one year, the candidate will be required to repeat the entire certification examination in full.
Maintenance of Certification and PRT-i Practitioner Network Listing:
- PRT-c practitioners must complete one additional PRT-i course or refresher every three (3) years after certification and pay an annual re-certification fee of $50.00.