Positional Release Therapist Certification
Certification Pre-requisites / Requirements
- Licensed or nationally certified health care practitioner, e.g., LMT, ATC, PT, DO, MD, PA, RN, DC, PTA (if you are not on this list, please inquire with PRT-i to see if your credentialing fulfills this pre-requisite.
- Completion of three PRT-i courses: Spine and Pelvis (Required), Upper Quarter, Lower Quarter or Cranial
- Pre-professional health care students: Currently enrolled health care students from an accredited educational program are eligible for PRT certification, but must receive their professional certification prior to being awarded their PRT-c. Students can take their certification exam after completion of the required three courses noted above. A student who passes the exam, must provide proof of professional certification once obtained.
- 70% proficiency on written and oral practical certification examination is required
- Instruction and Certification in PRT is available to the above noted parties regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or religious affiliation
- Proof of professional certification/license
Needed for Certification
- Three (3) PRT courses taken, one of which must be spine and pelvis (see list above)
- Successful completion of the written and practical exam with a 70% proficiency
- Proof of professional certification / license (e.g., LMT, AT, PT, DO, etc.)
Steps to Register
- Look for current certification dates
- Inquire with PRT-i about potential or upcoming dates in your area
- Register via the link below or via the one provided
- Once registered, a study outline will be provided
- Written examination (50 multiple choice)
- Practical examination (45 pooled positions)
- Candidates are notified within two weeks regarding their examination score
- Professionals must provide PRT-i proof of current professional certification (* Note - students upon professional certification)
- Exam Cost: $275.00
- If a candidate does not pass either the written or practical section of the examination, the candidate will have one year to re-test on either or both sections. The cost is $75.00 for each section individually, or 275.00 for both. If the indivdiual section is not retaken within one year, the candidate will be required to repeat the entire certification examination in full.
Maintenance of Certification and PRT-i Practitioner Network Listing:
- PRT-c practitioners must complete one additional PRT-i course or refresher every three (3) years after certification.
Upcoming Positional Release Therapist Certification Instructional Events
Positional Release Therapist Certification Examination
6/28/18 - 6/28/18 • New Orleans Marriott Hotel, Mardi Gras Ballroom, 555 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
PRT Course Participants can earn their certification as a Positional Release Therapist (PRT-c®) by taking three educational sessions and through successful completion of a written and oral practical examination.
- Three courses must be completed in full prior to taking the examination.
- Taking the examination immediately after or during the third course is not permissible as the examination is compiled from the three courses and the candidate will need time to study.
- Once Certified, you will be listed on the PRT-i Practitioner Network so patients can find you!
- The fee for certification is $275.00.
- To maintain certification: PRT-c® practitioners are required to take a PRT-i course (live or on-line) every three (3) years.
- a study outline will be provided Written examination (50 multiple choice) Practical examination (30 pooled positions)
- Candidates are notified within two weeks regarding their examination score.
- Professionals must provide PRT-i proof of current professional certification (* Note - students upon professional certification).