Positional Release Therapist Certification Exam
- 11/2/19 Sat 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Positional Release Therapist Certification
PRT Course Participants can earn their certification as a Positional Release Therapist (PRT-c®) by taking three educational sessions and through successful completion of a written and oral practical examination. Three courses must be completed in full prior to taking the examination. Taking the examination immediately after or during the third course is not permissible as the examination is compiled from the three courses and the candidate will need time to study. Once Certified, you will be listed on the PRT-i® Practitioner Network (under construction) so patients can find you!
- The fee for certification is $275.00.
- To maintain certification, PRT-c practitioners are required to take a PRT-i course (live or on-line) every three (3) years.
- Once registered, a study outline will be provided Written examination (50 multiple choice) Practical examination (30 pooled positions).
- Candidates are notified within two weeks regarding their examination score.
- Professionals must provide PRT-i® proof of current professional certification (* Note - students upon professional certification).
- Licensed or nationally certified health care practitioner, e.g., LMT, ATC, PT, DO, MD, PA, RN, DC, PTA (if you are not on this list, please inquire with PRT-i to see if your credentialing fulfills this pre-requisite.
- Completion of three PRT-i courses: Spine and Pelvis (Required), Upper Quarter, Lower Quarter or Cranial
- Pre-professional health care students: Currently enrolled health care students from an accredited educational program are eligible for PRT certification, but must receive their professional certification prior to being awarded their PRT-c. Students can take their certification exam after completion of the required three courses noted above. A student who passes the exam, must provide proof of professional certification once obtained.
- 70% proficiency on written and oral practical certification examination is required
- Instruction and Certification in PRT is available to the above noted parties regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or religious affiliation
- Proof of professional certification/license
Course Policies and Procedures:
- Appropriate Language Use: The Positional Release Therapy Institute certifies and acknowledges there is no bias or cultural insensitivity used in the language pertaining to the courses or certification that are provided to attendees and certifies the use of the most current acceptable terminology.
- Non-Discrimatory Policy/Statement: The Positional Release Therapy Institute certifies compliance with the laws and rules pertaining to discrimination relevant and applicable to the activity.
- Course Cancellation/Refund Policy: If you must cancel your registration prior to the course, it may be transferred to another licensed health care provider or your registration will be transferred to an upcoming course. No refunds will be provided. If PRT-i must cancel an educational session, your registration will be transferred to an upcoming course. If you are unable to attend a course you have registered for due to illness, family emergency, or another unexpected event, the same policy as noted above will apply. A course will run if there is a minimum of 6 participants registered. If a course does not meet the minimum number needed, those pre-registered will be notified one-month in advance and will be rescheduled for a future course.
- Grievance Policy: If you should have a grievance with any services offered by PRT-i, please provide in writing your grievance to PRT-i and your desired resolution pertaining to the matter. PRT-i will address the grievance within 30 days of receipt.
- Inclement Weather Policy: If the National Weather Service has issued a Storm Warning for the local area for the time when and where the course is to be conducted, the course will be canceled to ensure the safety of course participants and instructors.
- Record Keeping and Confidentiality: All materials whether electronic or print that identify the course participant, their personal and professional contract information, are not shared with any outside entity unless written permission is granted from the course attendee. Course registration materials with identification information and/or payment information are retained by PRT-i for a minimum of 10 years and any electronic records with such information are password protected and stored only on PRT-i computers. An outside entity is utilized for course registration and business transactions, which utilize up-to-date internet security measures to protect all personal and financial information. Course attendees may elect to list personal and professional identification information (e.g., name, email, phone, courses taken, certifications) if they either elect to do so at the time of course registration or thereafter in writing.
- Copyright and Conflict of Interest Disclosure: Dr. Speicher is the author of Clincial Guide to Positional Release Therapy (Human Kinetics Publishing, 2016) and its related media resources. While it is highly recommended course participants purchase the textbook and its supplementary resources, it is not required for course participation.
Required: Clinical Guide to Positional Release Therapy
Clinical Guide to Positional Release Therapy