Spine and Pelvis Positional Release Therapy Course_Positional Release Therapy Institute
5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 06825
- 4/27/19 Sat 8:00am - 5:00pm
- 4/28/19 Sun 8:00am - 2:00pm
Spine and Pelvis PRT
Spine and Pelvis PRT Course (Saturday 8am-5pm & Sunday 8am-2pm):
In this session:
1. You will learn spine and pelvic PRT techniques and clinical approaches to specific pathological conditions, such as low back pain, piriformis syndrome, anterior innominate rotations and others.
2. Course attendees will learn how to "cure" chronic non-specific low back pain using the Wheelhouse Protocol developed by Dr. Speicher over the last 15 years.
3. Participants will receive a comprehensive overview of surface anatomy, learn how to appropriately palpate tender points and trigger points
4. Participants will receive one-on-one instruction in how to perform a myofascial scanning evaluation.
5. Course attendees will also be taught basic instruction on activity of daily living instruction for management of low back pain and biomechanical influences that can serve as myofascial restriction triggers.
- Must wear lab clothes for this session (e.g.,Tank-top or sports bra for women)
- 10.5 CEUs eligible for Physical Therapists and PTAs
- 6.0 EBP and 4.5 Category A CEUs approved for Certified Athletic Trainers and Massage Therapists
- Dr.Timothy Speicher, PhD, ATC, LAT, CSCS, PRT-c®
- Available within walking or driving distance.
Transportation Lodging & Parking:
- Nearest airport: Bradley International Airport
- Multiple lodging choices are available in area and near the course site
- Parking is available at the course site
Licensed or nationally certified health care practitioner, e.g., LMT, ATC, PT, DO, MD, PA, RN, DC, PTA (if you are not on this list, please inquire with PRT-i to see if your credentialing fulfills this pre-requisite). Pre-professional health care students: Currently enrolled health care students from an accredited educational program are eligible for training and certification, but must receive their professional certification prior to being awarded their PRT-c.Sample Agenda
Course Policies and Procedures:
Click here to review our course policies and procedures, e.g., refund, cancellation, etc.
Course Textbook/Materials:We highly recommend you purchase the course textbook or e-book for the course, but it is not required. You will receive a discount if you register as a HK Rewards Member but please allow two-weeks for delivery.