Course Policies & Procedures
- Appropriate Language Use: The Positional Release Therapy Institute certifies and acknowledges there is no bias or cultural insensitivity used in the language pertaining to the courses or certification that are provided to attendees and certifies the use of the most current acceptable terminology.
- Non-Discrimatory Policy/Statement: The Positional Release Therapy Institute certifies compliance with the laws and rules pertaining to discrimination relevant and applicable to the activity.
- Course Cancellation/Refund Policy: If you must cancel your registration prior to the course, it may be transferred to another licensed health care provider or your registration will be transferred to an upcoming course. No refunds will be provided. If PRT-i must cancel an educational session, your registration will be transferred to an upcoming course. If you are unable to attend a course you have registered for due to illness, family emergency, or another unexpected event, the same policy as noted above will apply. A course will run if there is a minimum of 6 participants registered. If a course does not meet the minimum number needed, those pre-registered will be notified one-month in advance and will be rescheduled for a future course.
- Grievance Policy: If you should have a grievance with any services offered by PRT-i, please provide in writing your grievance to PRT-i and your desired resolution pertaining to the matter. PRT-i will address the grievance within 30 days of receipt.
- Inclement Weather Policy: If the National Weather Service has issued a Storm Warning for the local area for the time when and where the course is to be conducted, the course will be canceled to ensure the safety of course participants and instructors.
- Record Keeping and Confidentiality: All materials whether electronic or print that identify the course participant, their personal and professional contract information, are not shared with any outside entity unless written permission is granted from the course attendee. Course registration materials with identification information and/or payment information are retained by PRT-i for a minimum of 10 years and any electronic records with such information are password protected and stored only on PRT-i computers. An outside entity is utilized for course registration and business transactions, which utilize up-to-date internet security measures to protect all personal and financial information. Course attendees may elect to list personal and professional identification information (e.g., name, email, phone, courses taken, certifications) if they either elect to do so at the time of course registration or thereafter in writing.
- Copyright and Conflict of Interest Disclosure: Dr. Speicher is the author of Clincial Guide to Positional Release Therapy (Human Kinetics Publishing, 2016) and its related media resources. While it is highly recommended course participants purchase the textbook and its supplementary resources, it is not required for course participation.